Come back to my week long vocation..

I just came back from my week long vocation in Zambales my aunties hubby town.. A 250 km north of Luzon. Its verry fun having a long summer vocation on that place together with my dog Popoy, my american cocker spaniel dog .. We used to go to the beach which is only 5mins from my titas house, we start swimming as early as 7 in the morning till noon. As we ussually observed we were the only family using the private resort, a distant relative of my uncle who is now in Guam. His son, my cousin and my other cousins using the huge cottage as far as i know is free for us.
The Ocean looks so calm and verry clear crystal water in dimmed morning until its shines by the sunlight in the afternoon. What brings my attentions is the little boy walks in the ocean waiting for his father to arrived came from fishing. Hes only 3 or 4 years old if im not mistaken. I asked him whom his waiting then he replied his waiting for his father. His little footprints embeded on the sands for he wore nothing aside from his short.
I asked him if he have his breakfast then he said he never even have his dinner last night coz his father left them nothing only but water and coffee and no sugar. At his age hes already smart saying that when his father will arive he will fall in line in the school buying an NFA rice for this is the only rice they can buy.
I tell my cousin about the rice issue, i thought this place is a rice fields in the north then why there is a falling in line of people here buying for a NFA rice? He simply said that rice here are already gone or sold out in buying station. And now they are the one suffer for that dillemma.
The only one cheap here is a kilo of dilis. The father of that little boy got when they arrived. In a whole day and night of fishing the only fish they got is what we called tamban and dilis. And now they sell it for as low as fifty pesos a kilo, they got arround 20 kilos of that fish and thats is much for a day of fishing. The only problem is they are 7 fisherman in a boat or in a group.
As long as they will sold out that bunch of fish they will devided the amount in 7. How this little boy will buy that NFA rice and a small piece of chicken or pork for their lunch or dinner? If his father will take out the sum of money for as less as two hundred pesos.
Then i asked myself im still lucky coz i was here for vocation and nothing else to think but how to enjoy life of a small boy like me. Im also lucky for i never even skipped dinner or breakfast in my families table.
Or am i lucky coz my father is not a fisherman nor a farmer? But the only thing i know is im lucky coz i have my father who is even seperated from my mom, still not forsaken me... And thats my father.. my only father...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello you can post a comment on this site to make this more useful to us... thank you..