Miniature Schnauzer, todays featured dog breed


The Miniature Schnauzer is a breed of small dog of the Schnauzer type that originated in Germany in the mid-to-late 19th century. Miniature Schnauzers developed from crosses between the Standard Schnauzer and one or more smaller breeds such as the Poodle, Miniature Pinscher, or Affenpinscher. The breed remains one of the most popular, and is currently the 10th most popular breed in the U.S.
The breed is generally good with children, recognizing that they need gentle play. Miniature Schnauzers are generally highly intelligent and easy to train. They can, however, require a great deal of attention and affection from their owner, regardless if they are to be used as show dogs or home pets. If not given affection on a regular basis the breed can become depressed, which can decrease their mental and physical health.
They are highly playful dogs, and if not given the outlet required for their energy they can become bored and invent their own "fun".

2 comments:

  1. I live in Dasmarinas Manila and want to purchase a giant schnauzer. Do you know where I can purchase a giant schnauzer? Best regards, Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Miniature. Smart as a whip. He opens my front iron gate with his paws. I remedied this by putting stones in front of the gate.

    Then, he used the same trick on the door leading to my garage. When I opened the garage door - out he sped off to visit with a neighbor who has 4 dogs. He loves her and her dogs !

    She told me to leave him and she would return him when he was good and exhausted. My little man came home so tired, he is still sleeping !!

    He is worth every bit of the trouble. He barks at any sound, doesn't bite except once when someone tried to rob my house. He went into real action. He even tried to bite his nose off besides his legs ! The police caught the robber after this event a few blocks away.

    Yes, this is a great little baby. Keep on your toes however, he will try to out smart you !!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello you can post a comment on this site to make this more useful to us... thank you..